Go to Bloomberg Law. Yes, the Bloomberg BNA interface is fading away. But subscribers will continue to have access to the old BBNA interface for 60 days after June 25.
Will you still be able to get email alerts from your favorite BNA Law Reports? Yes, you may set up email alerts in Bloomberg Law. For CWRU Law Faculty and Staff who have not set up Bloomberg Law Accounts: Contact Judy Kaul (email@example.com, 216-368-8570) in the Law Library for a registration code.
Effective June 25th: U.S. Law Week transitioned to Bloomberg Law “with enhanced features. ” An example of its new enhanced features is First Move,SM” a morning e-mail alert with the daily legal news, analysis, and monitoring. Supreme Court Today will continue but will be included in the First Move product. The U.S. Law Week Resource Center will become the Supreme Court Today Tracker and will only be available via Bloomberg Law. I received an issue of First Move in my email automatically, perhaps because I had a subscription to Supreme Court Today.
The popular BNA Circuit Splits List that existed on the BBNA interface is still available on Bloomberg Law on the Law School Home Page, under the header:
Be Practice Ready with Bloomberg Law > Be Proficient.
Find it also on the Bloomberg Law School Home page, under the header:
Key Resources > Faculty Resources > Litigation Resources.
You may also find the Circuit Splits Table under:
Librarian Resources > Quick Links>
Law Reviews and Journals > Find a Topic > Circuit Splits Chart. Law Reviews and Journals > Find a Topic > Circuit Splits Opinion Search is also included for the students.
Good News: Currently, Bloomberg has no plans to cancel the print version of The ABA/BNA Lawyers’ Manual on Professional Conduct, per our Bloomberg Law representative. It is also remains available online.
However: Family Law Reporter (FLR) is ceasing both in print and online. This is an unpopular move by Bloomberg BNA. Law librarians across the nation are discussing this because we have faculty members that relied on this resource. No one from Bloomberg Law has yet reported why this resource is not continuing as an online source.
Other BNA interface titles are ceasing publication online in BBNA and in print but their information is integrated into other Bloomberg Law Resources. These include:
- Bankruptcy Law Resource Center now appears in the Bankruptcy Practice Center of Bloomberg Law. It incorporates BNA’s Bankruptcy Law Reporter.
- BNA Pension & Benefits Reporter is now covered in Bloomberg Law’s Benefits and Executive Compensation News.
- BNA’s Bankruptcy Law Reporter coverage is now in Bankruptcy Law News.
- BNA’s Bankruptcy Law Resource Center is now covered in Bloomberg Law’s Bankruptcy Practice Center.
- Bloomberg Law Labor Relations News covers: Labor Relations Week.
- Coverage in Employment Law News includes
- BNA’s Employment Discrimination Report.
- Workplace Immigration Report
- Workplace Law Report
- Bloomberg Law Class Action Litigation News now covers:
- Class Action Litigation Report.
- Construction Labor News now covers:
- Construction Labor Report.
- Bloomberg Law – E-Discovery Practice Center now covers:
- E-Discovery Resource Center
- E-Discovery & Legal Tech News now covers
- Digital Discovery and e-Evidence
- The following sources are now covered in Bloomberg Law’s Health Law & Business News:
- Health Care Daily Report
- Health Care Fraud Report
- Health Care Policy Report
- Health Insurance Report
- Health IT Law & Industry Report
- Health Law Reporter
- Medicare Report
- The following sources are now covered in Bloomberg Law’s Pharmaceutical & Life Science News:
- BioTech Watch
- Life Sciences Law & Industry Report
- Medical Devices Law & Industry Report
- Medical Research Law & Policy Report
- Pharmaceutical Law & Industry Report
- Environment & Energy Report covers:
- Chemical Regulation Reporter
- Daily Environment Report
- Energy and Climate Report
- International Environment Reporter
- Right-to-Know Planning Guide Report
- State Environment Daily
- Product Safety & Toxics Law News covers:
- Expert Evidence Report
- Toxics Law Reporter
- Product Safety and Liability Reporter