First-year law students are now taking electives during their first year of law school. The program began in spring 2019 as a way to engage students in specialty areas before they get further into their academic careers.
Each 1L student takes two, one-credit, electives in the spring semester. The options for 2019 were
- Artifact Law
- Bioethics and Law
- Civil Litigation Practicum
- Criminal Law Practice: Contemporary Issues
- Courts, Public Policy, and Social Change
- International Law: Fundamentals
- Legal Analysis and Problem-Solving
- Professionalism: Competencies of a Successful Lawyer
The response from students has been overwhelmingly positive. Here’s what some of our students are saying about the experience.