Application and Process
Only applicants with LLM degrees from the USA or other common law countries will be considered for SJD admission. Applicants to the SJD degree program use the PDF application.
Admissions is available for both fall and spring semesters. The deadline for fall semester is April 1; the deadline for spring semester is November 1.
- Completed application form and personal statement
- Official copy of transcripts from all post-secondary educational institutions attended, with translation into English were applicable.
- An official TOEFL or IELTS score.
- Thesis proposal of no more than 25 pages explaining why your topic merits the type and depth of research that will result in production of a monograph-length thesis. Focus on the existing unresolved legal issues. Include at the end of the proposal whether you have been in touch with any law professors at Case Western Reserve University about supervising your thesis.
- A complete bibliography of the literature in the applicable field that you have already consulted in the development of your thesis proposal.
- Two letters of recommendation.
Email the pdf application
and the required documents to email@example.com
. There is no application fee.
Applications are reviewed in order of their receipt and completion. Therefore, applicants are encouraged to apply early.