Law students can take advantage of several coveted summer and part-time internships related to law and technology or law and the arts. Internships are available at the following institutions:
Students who have taken intellectual property and corporate law courses can apply for a part-time internship, offered during the school year, by The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. The Innovations Intern works with the CCF Innovations Team and Chief Commercialization Counsel to address intellectual property matters, commercial contracts and startup company transactional issues. The legal intern also works with outside patent counsel. Interested students may apply for this position through the School of Law Career Services Office.
"As an intern at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation, I apply the principles from my intllectual property courses every day I go in to work. I've evaluated hundreds of technologies for patentability, worked with outside patent counsel to prepare and file a provisional patent application, and helped draft confidentiality and licensing agreements. The best part is that the researchers I work with are some of the brightest and most innovative in the world. It's been a wonderfully enriching experience."
Steven Gaskill (JD 2005)
Innovations Legal Intern, Cleveland Clinic Foundation
BA Biology/Neurobiology, Northwestern University
1. Cleveland Museum of Art
2. Rock & Roll Hall of Fame (Cleveland)
3. International Foundation for Art Research – IFAR
4. World Intellectual Property Organization & Summer Academy (Geneva, Switzerland)
5. Case Western Reserve University Tech-Transfer Office
6. Progressive Arts Alliance (Cleveland)
7. Federal Communications Commission (Washington, D.C.)
8. Vuguru (Los Angeles)
9. UNIDROIT (Rome, Italy)
10. Cleveland Clinic Innovations
11. Broadcast Music Inc. (New York City)
12. Counsel for Cleveland Browns
13. Counsel for Cleveland Cavaliers
14. Lake County Captains
16. Cleveland State University Athletic Dept./Nelligan Sports Marketing Agency
17. Cleveland State University Athletic Dept./Global Spectrum
18. Cleveland State University Athletic Dept.
19. Nicola Gudbranson
20. Dietz Trott Sports Managment
21. Case Western Reserve University Office of General Counsel & Athletic Dept.
22. Greater Cleveland Film Commission