OTHER RESOURCES FOR EARLY STAGE ENTREPRENEURS IN NORTH EAST OHIO
The Blackstone Launchpad at CWRU
- Help for student entrepreneurs seeking to launch a business around a great idea. The Blackstone Charitable Foundation and The Burton D. Morgan Foundation have committed to a $3.2 million, three-year partnership to train the next generation of entrepreneurs in Northeast Ohio. The grants -- to Kent State University, Baldwin-Wallace University, Case Western Reserve University, and Lorain County Community College -- expand Blackstone LaunchPad, a groundbreaking initiative that gives university students and alumni the skills, knowledge, and guidance to start new companies.
The JumpStart Entrepreneurial Network
- The JumpStart Entrepreneurial Network is a connected group of entrepreneurial support organizations delivering the resources tech-based entrepreneurs need most: capital, space, advice and connections. Supported in part by Ohio Third Frontier, Network partners collaborate to help entrepreneurs grow early stage companies here in Northeast Ohio.
Great Lakes Innovation & Development Enterprise (GLIDE)
- founded in 2001, GLIDE is a comprehensive regional innovation center, resource hub, and business incubator that supports all facets of the start-up, development, and growth of enterprises. Created by a partnership between the Lorain County Commissioners, Lorain County Community College, and the Ohio Department of Development, GLIDE's objective is to grow jobs and spearhead economic growth in both Lorain County and the Northern Ohio region.
- FlashStarts, Inc. operates a startup accelerator and provides services to startup CEOs, venture capital firms, and accelerator/incubator programs.
- Located in Shaker Heights, LaunchHouse is a lean business accelerator that fosters entrepreneurial success and job creation through investing cash, hard work and collaboration with interesting, like-minded people. Our mission is to create a hub of entrepreneurial innovation for promising startups and to help transform ideas into successful companies.
The Tech Belt Energy Innovation Center (TBEIC)
- Located in Warren, Ohio, TBEIC is designed to be a mixed-used facility aimed at accelerating the development of early stage energy clean technologies. TBEIC is the advanced energy sector lead for the Jumpstart Entrepreneurial Network.
- TECHudson is a non-profit Hudson, Ohio-based entrepreneurial center fostering innovation that contributes to the local and regional economy. By offering one-on-one guidance, specialized education, affordable office space and connections to capital and other valuable resources, TECHudson supports the development of commercially viable business-to-business (B2B) software companies and other compelling technologies.
- The mission of MAGNET, the Manufacturing Advocacy & Growth Network, is to support, educate and champion manufacturing in Ohio with the goal of transforming the region's economy into a powerful, global player.
- Bizdom is a non-profit startup accelerator that helps provide the support and resources necessary for aspiring entrepreneurs to get their businesses off the ground in Detroit and Cleveland.